MM 46

BourbonDrinker.com/MM 46 => I saw it on the shelf for $39.99!!!!!  It was so easy to pass up.  I purchased a bottle of Four Roses (with two glasses) for $34.99 instead.   How

Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on MagnoliaShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Yahoo

Author Topic: MM 46  (Read 3484 times)

Offline NickAtMartinis

• View Profile
  • Referrals: 0
MM 46
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »
I saw it on the shelf for $39.99!!!!!  It was so easy to pass up.  I purchased a bottle of Four Roses (with two glasses) for $34.99 instead.

How easy of a decision was that?

-- Mark

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder." Gee Dubb -  First President of these United States.

Offline mozilla

• View Profile
  • Referrals: 3
Re: MM 46
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
It's $32.99 in Austin.  And I don't want one either.

I did pick up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch for $19.99, though.  I am very happy with that purchase.

Offline RogerB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
I like it, but there are better values.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Big Tex

• Proud Texan
  • Executive Officer
    • View Profile
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:43:20 PM »
It's not like Makers is making bad whiskey.  Cause it's definitely not bad...it's just overpriced which leads to a poor price to flavor ratio.

Defending my whisky principles like they were the Alamo.

Offline spun

• Knight of the Round Barrel and Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:24:32 PM »
It's not like Makers is making bad whiskey.  Cause it's definitely not bad...it's just overpriced which leads to a poor price to flavor ratio.

well, I picked one up today. Reid liked it so much it was hard not to. i an working a bottle of WTKS from 02 right now, so I will open it next week... I will let y'all know what I think.

On the same beam tip, the current Bookers rocks. i could not belive how good it was... go get one.

Offline Vosgar

• Rookie
  • Bourbon Plebian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
I had my first taste of 46 at the Sampler in April and thought it was a pretty good bourbon. Definitely better than Maker's. When it was finally available I bought a couple of bottles at $31 each. I have to say that while I still like the flavor, the finish is very dissapointing, there is none. They're on the right track so I hope Maker's will look at offering additional products in the future.

Offline Big Tex

• Proud Texan
  • Executive Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »
I just don't get.....how $31-35 is appropriate for a 6.5yr old whiskey???  Where do they getoff charging so darn much?  They are not distilling gold.....it's corn and some wheat.

Offline spun

• Knight of the Round Barrel and Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »
Its not a bad whiskey (not bourbon because the tamper with it), but not something I will buy again. The taste of the chared twists stand out like they do in home made wine. Nto bad, just not as well integrated as the barrel taste is.

Recomend you try it at a bar first....

Offline wii skii lover

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »
I didnĀ“t do my research but why is it not the same as bourbon? On the bookers tip, what year bottling did you try? I have always enjoyed bookers, never had a bad bottling, then again, never had stagg...
Chuck
BOURBON COWBOY IN PANAMA

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilence"- Thomas Jefferson

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe - 13th January 1943 - (Guadalcanal)

Offline Big Tex

• Proud Texan
  • Executive Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »
I believe that it qualifies as a bourbon....cause it was a bourbon before they added more charred oak to it.   And charred oak still qualifies as bourbon whether or not it is in floater form or barrel form.  So, I say bourbon...either way you look at it.

Still wouldn't spend that amount of bills on it.  Not when there are so many others to choose from at lower price.  Especially, if you are looking for more flavor than MM.....which is the whole reason they came up with this particular label, right?

Offline borchard

• Rookie
  • Bourbon Plebian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:24 AM »
It's still bourbon because the oak planks don't count as adding anything, such as artificial flavorings or colors

Offline CamKrist

• Rookie
  • Bourbon Plebian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 07:24:19 AM »
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Tags:

* Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.